Spring Superfoods Omelet
Here are the ingredients to a delicious and healthy superfood omelet you are sure to love.
2 cage-free eggs (try omega-3 enriched)
2 Tbsp. hemp, almond, or flax milk
Dash of dried thyme
Sea salt and white pepper, to taste
¼ cup shredded nondairy (or organic) cheese
3 or 4 porcini mushrooms, chopped
1 large kale leaf, chopped
3 or 4 sweet cherry tomatoes
Diced sweet onion
2 or 3 purple basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, thyme, and salt and pepper. Pour into the hot skillet.
- Once the edges of the eggs are white and the center is bubbly, add the cheese, mushrooms, kale, tomatoes, and onions. Cook for 3 or 4 more minutes.
- Flip half the eggs over the ingredients, forming an omelet. Cook for about 1 minute, then flip the omelet over and cook for another minute or so, until the eggs are done.
- Turn the omelet out onto a plate and serve garnished with fresh basil leaves.
Makes 1 serving