Last Updated: November 1, 2021
1. Who are we?
Any information or other data provided to or gathered by MO is controlled by:
Beyondsupplements.com, LLC dba MO Marketplace
Po Box 1102, Lynnfield, MA 01940 (UNITED STATES)
2. What types of information do we collect?
Currently (and over the past twelve (12) months or since the launch of the Service, whichever is shorter), MO collects and has collected the following categories of information about you and other users of the Service:
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us over the Service, including as part of registering your account, signing up for emails, or when you make a purchase. Such information may include your name, username, password, email address, telephone number(s), and shipping/billing address. Additionally, we allow users to post photos and messages, and this data may be stored and processed by MO as a service provider for its users. In particular, “Sellers” may provide content and information regarding the “Product Listing(s)” they post for sale through the Service and “Buyers” may provide questions and information in relation to their purchase(s) of Product Listings or other use of the Service.
- Content You Make Public. We collect information from you that you voluntarily upload to the Service for public display (“Public Content”), such as when you post a review, comments, or photos. Once you submit Public Content, neither you nor we are able to control how it may be copied, shared, or used by Third Parties, even if you or we later delete such Public Information. Accordingly, you should carefully consider what personal information you choose to include within your Public Information.
- Transaction and Payment Information. We gather additional information from you when you make a purchase or save payment preferences to your account. Such information may include your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, expiration date, cvv, order number, shipping and tracking data, or any other information submitted to us as part of your purchase.
- Internet, Device, and Network Activity Information. When you use the Service, we automatically gather information made available by your web browser (such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome), internet service provider (such as Comcast or Cox), and device (such as your computer, phone, tablet, or smart watch), depending on your settings for each. For example, we may collect your IP address, information about the operating system or type of device you use, the device ID associated with your device, the date and time you access the Service, and your log in attempts. We may also collect information about your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with a particular website, application, or advertisement, including the Service. We may also collect information regarding the websites, applications, or advertisements you visited immediately before and after your use of the Service.
- Geolocation Information. We may collect information about where you are located, both generally and at the time you access the Service. For example, we may collect your shipping address or ascertain your approximate location from your IP address.
- Protected Class Information. Due to the specific nature of MO’s services, you may be asked to provide information about your gender or age. Specifically, when you register for a “Merchant Account”, you will be asked to provide your Driver’s License or equivalent ID information.
- Other Information. From time to time, we may collect other information from you, such as when you make a claim for a prize pursuant to a contest or other promotion run on the Service, when you request assistance through our customer service department, or when you voluntarily subscribe to promotions, reminders, or newsletters. You will always be asked for your consent in advance of providing such other information, and we will not collect it without your permission.
3. How and when do we collect information about you?
MO gathers the types of information referenced in Section 2 through the following sources and means:
- When you enter or upload information to the Service, including during registration of an account, when you post a Product Listing, make a purchase, sign up for emails, or save account or payment preferences.
- When you communicate with us, such as when you contact our customer service department, email us, and when you communicate with other users through the Service.
- When you communicate with other users, such as when you exchange messages with a Seller or Buyer.
- When you use the Service. We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use, access, or interact with the Service. This may include using Cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. In addition, we may collect information from or about your computer(s), phone(s), or other devices when you access the Service including the operating system, hardware version, device settings, device identifiers, language and time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, and server logs.
- Through Cookies, tracking tools, and other automated technologies. When you access the Service, your device or web browser automatically sends us device and internet connection information and certain internet activity information as described in Section 2.
Type of Cookie
Purpose of Cookie
Necessary Cookies are essential in order for the Service to display and perform properly. Necessary Cookies are used to identify you, prevent security risks, and to allow you to perform account-related functions.
Preferences Cookies are used to store preferences set by you and each user for their account, such as your language preferences. Preferences Cookies improve your experience using the Service.
Analytics and Performance
Analytics and Performance Cookies collect information on how you and other users interact with the Service. Often, this information is aggregated, and is used to improve the Service.
We may also use Advertising Cookies and web beacons, including those placed by third parties such as Google and Facebook, to deliver personalized advertisements that may be of interest to you. We may also use a web beacon in email messages sent to track your response. Cookies and web beacons also help us, and third-party advertising partners ensure you do not see the same advertisements over and over and to identify block unwanted ads. We also use these tracking tools to better understand your behaviors and browsing activities.
We may use Google Analytics to collect usage data, analyze how users use the Service, and provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of this practice, visit the Google Analytics Opt-Out Add On page.
Certain third parties place Cookies and pixels on the Service, and these companies may use that data to show you more relevant advertisements and promotions. You can learn more about your ability to control privacy settings at these companies’ websites, which may include but are not limited to Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, and Google/YouTube.
You can change your Cookie settings in your internet browser and use preferences or settings on your device to manage your privacy controls. However, if you disable Cookies or other tools, some of the features of the Service may not function correctly. For more information, see https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and learn how to disable these tools by opting-out of third-party Cookies and mobile device ID practices for targeted advertising.
- From Third Parties. We may collect information from third parties including your device/internet connection information, internet activity information, and geolocation information. Also, third parties may place cookies and pixels on our website, and these companies may use that data to show you more relevant advertisements and promotions. You can learn more about your ability to control privacy settings at these companies’ websites, which include but are not limited to Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, and Google/YouTube.
4. How do we use your information?
We may use the information identified above for certain “business purposes” that are necessary to provide the Service and for certain “commercial purposes,” meaning a use that advances our business interests, such as marketing the Service.
The following are the business and commercial purposes for which we may use your information:
- To provide the features of the Service, including by allowing users to post their Product Listings.
- To secure the Service, such as by detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and identifying and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- To personalize your user and shopping experience, such as by using Cookies to authenticate your logins, determine whether you are logged in or not, and to allow you to set and use shopping preferences and payment preferences during the checkout process.
- To improve the Service, including by considering analytics, demographics, and user feedbag to improve or repair the Service.
- To communicate with you, such as by responding to your requests and notifying you of certain updates to our legal documents.
- To advertise to you, for example, using information gathered through cookies and web beacons, including those placed by third parties, to deliver advertisements specific to your personal interests. You can learn more about retargeting practices, including how to revoke your consent, by visiting these websites or contacting us:
- To advertise public content to others, such as by sharing your reviews about us.
We may also use your information, combined with that of other users, to create deidentified “Aggregate Information.” Aggregate Information is statistical information about all users of the Service or a subset thereof and is pseudonymized and deidentified. In other words, Aggregate Information cannot be used to identify or relate back to you. Aggregate Information may be used by MO for the business and purposes listed above.
Aggregate Information may also be used by MO for commercial purposes. For example, we may use Aggregate Information to develop use cases that compare average industry trends.
5. How do we share your information?
We may disclose your information with the following third parties for the business and commercial purposes that are indicated:
- Disclosure in Connection with the Service. MO discloses information when necessary to provide the Service, including without limitation, in connection with Product Listings and with those who perform technical, administrative, and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, customer support, marketing, data storage, and third-party platforms. In particular, when you post or make a purchase or bid on a Product Listing through the Service, your information is shared with the respective Buyer or Seller in connection with the online marketplace features of the Service.
- Service Providers. MO may share your personal information with service providers, as applicable, to operate the Service, communicate with users, and so forth.
- Government Officials and Others. To comply with our legal obligations, we may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other valid legal processes. In very rare circumstances, we may disclose personal information when we believe it is necessary to prevent illegal, fraudulent, or injurious actions that may cause harm to individuals.
- Advertising Partners. We may disclose information as needed to advertising partners. For example, we may share information gathered through cookies and tracking tools to allow a third party to advertise our products to you after you leave the Service.
- Other Users. We may share your Public Content, such as reviews and comments about the Website and our Services, including by reposting your reviews in our advertising and through our social media accounts.
6. Do we sell your information to others?
No. MO does not sell personal information to others and has not done so for at least the past twelve (12) months.
- How do we protect your information?
MO, and the third-party vendors we use to store your information, employ technical, administrative, and physical security measures (such as SSL encryption and HTTPS protocol) that are designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal and commercial information, or other communications, will always remain secure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Never share your password with anyone else and notify us as soon as possible if you believe your account security has been breached.
8. How long do we keep your information?
9. Do we transfer your information to a different country?
If you are visiting the Service from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States, and all information you provide will be processed and securely maintained in our web servers and internal systems located within the United States. By using the Service, you authorize and specifically consent to the transfer of personal data to the United States and its storage and use as specified above when you provide such information to us.
10. What are your rights when it comes to accessing, correcting, or deleting your information, and how can you exercise them?
Certain consumers have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, request changes to your personal information, or in some circumstances request deletion. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please contact us. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Process for Making a Request
To make a privacy request regarding your personal information, please contact us at [email protected] with your name and either your email address or physical address associated with your use of the Service. If you are making a privacy request through an authorized agent, please also provide the agent’s name and email address and statement of authorization. If we need additional information to verify your identity or process your request, we will promptly respond to you. Under certain privacy laws, consumers have specific privacy rights, as outlined below.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, providing you with information, or deleting information.
California residents have the following rights under California privacy laws:
- Right to access and correct your personal information;
- Right to request disclosure of the categories of information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your information, and specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
- Right to opt out of certain privacy practices, including any sale of information;
- Right to request deletion of personal information collected about you; and
- Right to no discriminatory treatment (and Company will not discriminate against you, for example by charging you a different price, for exercising your rights).
In addition, under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide information to the Website may request certain information regarding our disclosure of your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Nevada consumers have the right to request that Company not sell their personal information for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you wish to make a request, please contact us.
European Economic Area Residents
The Service is designed for consumers in North America. However, residents of the European Economic Area have the right to access information we hold about you and to ask that your information be corrected, updated, or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing of your information, and to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you live. Our legal bases for processing information are as follows: consent for processing operations of information by the data subject; where processing of information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party; where processing operations that are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures; where processing of information is required to comply with a legal obligation to which our Company is subject; where processing of information may be necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person; and/or where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our Company or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
11. How do we protect the privacy of children?
No Users Under 13. MO will never knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database. Because we do not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to Third Parties. We have designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22581 Disclosure
12. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
13. How can you receive and opt-out from marketing communications?
By providing your email address to MO through the Service or an email initiated by you, you consent to receive emails from us, including information concerning your account and advertising messages. Depending upon your location, we may obtain additional consent from you via a checkbox disclosure or an email requesting confirmation before you can receive such information.
14. Consent to receive electronic communications from other users.
Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, you consent to receive electronic communications from other users of the Service.
15. Do we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Signals?
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked. MO does not currently respond to DNT requests.
By Email: [email protected]
By Postal Mail: PO Box 1102: Lynnfield, MA 01940