Heirloom Tomato Flatbread
1 pkg. pizza dough mix (I use Bob’s Red Mill whole-grain gluten-free pizza dough)
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar (or any balsamic vinegar)
1 ½ cups shredded organic or vegan mozzarella cheese
4 heirloom tomatoes, sliced thin
1 organic zucchini, sliced thin
5 or 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Prepare the pizza dough according to package instructions. Follow the instructions to prepare one crust (with the Bob’s Red Mill mix, you get two crusts). Oil your hands lightly and work the dough out as thin as you’d like onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from the oven.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil and half of the vinegar onto the crust, layer on half of the cheese, and cover with the tomato and zucchini slices. Place the rest of the cheese on top, drizzle with the remaining oil and vinegar, and top with the basil.
- Bake for 10 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is done.
- Serve with marinara or garlic sauce for dipping.
Makes 4 servings
Each serving contains approximately 420 calories, 14 grams fat, 7 grams fiber, 6 grams protein,
and 60 grams carbohydrates.