Baked Cheesy-‘Peasy’ Rice Balls
½ cup green peas
8 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained well
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
¼ tsp. sea salt
Dash of white pepper and Italian seasoning
1 cup cooked brown rice
½ cup vegan shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Place the peas, tofu, coconut oil, salt, pepper, and seasoning in the food processor and process until mostly smooth.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in the cooked rice and vegan cheese.
- Form into 12 balls and place on the baking sheet, not touching. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly golden, then turn t
- hem over and bake for 5 more minutes.Serve drizzled with marinara and white sauces.
Makes 12 rice balls
Each rice ball contains approximately 65 calories, 3 grams fat, 1 gram fiber, 3 grams
protein and 5.5 grams carbohydrates.